Why Paul Onobi Started Ahead Of Mikel - Oliseh

Super Eagles coach, Sunday Oliseh reveals why he decided to play Sunshine Stars midfielder Paul Onobi instead of John Mikel Obi against Swaziland. According to the Eagles coach, Onobi was chosen because he showed more hunger than other midfielders at his disposal.
The coach was speaking to journalist after the game against Swaziland. The coach used the opportunity to say no player was guaranteed a place in the starting XI.
The Eagles defeated Swaziland 2 – 0 in Port-Harcourt in the second leg of the 2018 FIFA world cup qualifier after playing a goalless draw in the first leg played in Lombamba.
He said:  “I have said in my previous interviews that I don’t care where you play whether it is at home or abroad. I am glad that you saw it today that Onobi had a good game. I don’t have any player with permanent shirt. I like Onobi because he is hungry.
He continued: “I want to also praise my boys too and I congratulate them for a very good performance. They played to instructions and all the new players introduced had a nice game.”
Reflecting on the match, Oliseh hailed the opponent who he said deserve a higher place on the FIFA world rankings.
Swaziland coach Harries Bulunga
Swaziland is ranked 130th in the world by FIFA.
Oliseh said: “For a fact, Swaziland’s FIFA ranking is totally not justified. We should congratulate them. They posed us a lot of problems, they were always compact and resilence. They played with their hearts over the two legs and made things pretty difficult for us.
“If I got a chance to play a friendly in the future I will invite Swaziland.”
Nigeria will now be included in the group phase of the qualifiers which includes five groups of four teams each with the overall group winners qualifying for the World Cup in Russia in 2018.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Better Than Messi - Ronaldo

Arsenal have lost the Premier League title – Allardyce