I’m being investigated by Buhari for corruption – Jonathan


   Former president, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, on Monday revealed that he is being investigated for corruption by the President Muhammadu Buhari-led federal government.
             
                           

The immediate past president, who disclosed this in an exclusive interview with Bloomberg TV in London, declared; “Obviously, I’m being investigated”.

When asked whether anything “bad” will be unearthed by the probe of his stewardship, he said “I wouldn’t want to make certain comments because, when a government is working, it’s not proper for immediate past presidents to make certain statements.

“I will allow the government to do the work it’s supposed to do.
“I wouldn’t want to make serious comments on that, it’s not proper.
“After all these investigations, the whole stories will be properly chronicled.


“I’ve just left office, and I should allow the President and his team to do what they believe is good for the country.”
Jonathan, who disclosed that there has been corruption in Nigeria since its Independence from Britain, averred that “I did very well also, to curtail corruption.”

He went on to explain that; “My approach to corruption was ‘don’t make money available for anyone to touch.
“We made sure that area of fertiliser subsidies was cleaned up, and the whole corruption there was removed.

“I tried to do the same in the oil industry, but the very people that were accusing us of corruption were the same people frustrating it, it’s unfortunate.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Better Than Messi - Ronaldo

Arsenal have lost the Premier League title – Allardyce