Derby County Hires Frank Lampard as New Manager

   Former England midfielder Frank Lampard is taking his first step into management by taking the reins at Derby County, the Championship club announced on Thursday.

Frank Lampard
   The 39-year-old, who won three Premier League titles with Chelsea, has signed a three-year contract at the second-tier English outfit two years after retiring in 2016.
Derby have been looking for a new manager since Gary Rowett was lured away by recently-relegated Stoke.

  Lampard told Derby's official website: "This is my first job as a manager, but I've worked closely with some of the best coaches in the game and I'm confident in my own abilities and those of the team around me, including the board.

"I know it won't be easy -- managing a football team never is -- but I'm really looking forward to the challenge ahead.
"I've always wanted to manage a club with a big tradition and history like Derby County, so this is a huge opportunity."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Better Than Messi - Ronaldo

Arsenal have lost the Premier League title – Allardyce